The company said revenue increased as its gold production rose 41% to 277,283 ounces in the second quarter from the same period a year earlier, while its costs per ounce of gold fell 12% to
In its first half as a whole, the company's revenue rose 12% to
Randgold noted that when compared to the first quarter, second-quarter production fell 2% and cash costs rose by 2%, with profit from mining falling 5%.
The company said its quarterly gold production for its flagship Loulo-Gounkoto complex in
The company said in July that its planned ramp up of the Tongon gold mine in
Randgold said at the time that it was carrying out certain improvements at Tongon and so its production rate was likely to fall 10% short of its original guidance of 260,000 ounces for the full year.
On Thursday, Randgold said it is progressing well with the Tongon upgrades, reiterating that it expects to achieve its overall full-year production guidance.
On Wednesday, the company also had said it had tightened its health precautions in the wake of the Ebola virus outbreak in
The number of Ebola deaths in
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips