The company said revenue increased as its gold production rose 41% to 277,283 ounces in the second quarter from the same period a year earlier, while its costs per ounce of gold fell 12% to
In its first half as a whole, the company's revenue rose 12% to
Randgold noted that when compared to the first quarter, second-quarter production fell 2% and cash costs rose by 2%, with profit from mining falling 5%.
The company said its quarterly gold production for its flagship Loulo-Gounkoto complex in
The company said in July that its planned ramp up of the Tongon gold mine in
Randgold said at the time that it was carrying out certain improvements at Tongon and so its production rate was likely to fall 10% short of its original guidance of 260,000 ounces for the full year.
On Thursday, Randgold said it is progressing well with the Tongon upgrades, reiterating that it expects to achieve its overall full-year production guidance.
On Wednesday, the company also had said it had tightened its health precautions in the wake of the Ebola virus outbreak in
The number of Ebola deaths in
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'