“We believe these intellectual property rights cover important aspects of transacting in today’s markets,” said
The acquired intellectual property rights include patent claims covering the use of an automated trading system to make price and trading decisions based on market price information. The intellectual property rights cover multiple asset classes traded electronically on exchanges, including futures, options and cash equities.
About Intercontinental Exchange
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE, New York Stock Exchange and LIFFE. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 - Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters