The benchmark S&P Sensex is currently down to 87.28 points or 1.13% at 7,658, while the broader CNX Nifty Index is down to 77.75 points or 1.02% at 7,571.
Against the greenback, the rupee fell to a 5-month low of 61.7500 from an early high of 61.2400. At yesterday's close, the rupee was trading at 91.4800 against the greenback.
If the rupee extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around the 61.90 area.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison