Special agents with
All told, the enforcement actions resulted in the seizure of thousands of individual items bearing the names of more than 20 designer brands, including UGG boots,
HSI received substantial assistance with the late July enforcement actions from
"While counterfeiters are becoming increasingly sophisticated in their efforts, consumers can still act as the first line of defense in protecting themselves from substandard and often dangerous goods," said
In tests, counterfeit batteries have leaked, overheated and ruptured. Some tested counterfeit perfumes have been determined to contain bovine urine, antifreeze and other harmful chemicals.
As part of the national effort to combat the growing problem on counterfeit goods, the HSI-led IPR Center is one of the U.S. government's key weapons in the fight against criminal counterfeiting and piracy. Working in close coordination with the
For more information on the IPR Center please visit www.IPRCenter.gov.
HSI encourages the public to report intellectual property rights violations and related information by calling at 1-866-DHS-2ICE or by visiting www.ICE.gov/tips. For more information, visit http://www.ice.gov.
TNS 30VianaGem - 140807-4822382 30VianaGem
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World