Stocks slumped on Thursday as investors worry about slowing global economic growth and worsening tensions between
The Dow lost 75.07 points, or 0.5 percent, to close at 16,368.27.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 10.67 points, or 0.6 percent, to 1,909.57.
The Nasdaq composite fell 20.08 points, or 0.5 percent, to 4,334.97.
For the week:
The Dow is down 125.10 points, or 0.8 percent.
The S&P 500 is down 15.58 points, or 0.8 percent.
The Nasdaq is down 17.67 points, or 0.4 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is down 208.39 points, or 1.2 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 61.21 points, or 3.3 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 158.38 points, or 3.8 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits