Stocks slumped on Thursday as investors worry about slowing global economic growth and worsening tensions between
The Dow lost 75.07 points, or 0.5 percent, to close at 16,368.27.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 10.67 points, or 0.6 percent, to 1,909.57.
The Nasdaq composite fell 20.08 points, or 0.5 percent, to 4,334.97.
For the week:
The Dow is down 125.10 points, or 0.8 percent.
The S&P 500 is down 15.58 points, or 0.8 percent.
The Nasdaq is down 17.67 points, or 0.4 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is down 208.39 points, or 1.2 percent.
The S&P 500 index is up 61.21 points, or 3.3 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 158.38 points, or 3.8 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls