The decision was in line with economists' expectations.
The marginal lending rate was retained at 0.40%, following the 35 basis point reduction in June.
The bank had kept rates unchanged for six consecutive months before June, despite the threat of deflation derailing the fragile economic recovery in the currency-bloc.
Draghi is set hold his customary post-decision press conference at
In economic news,
Industrial output increased 0.3% month-on-month in June, reversing the revised 1.7% fall in May. The June's rate of growth was slower than the expected 1.2% increase.
After advancing to a 2-day high of 1.3390 against the greenback at
The euro held steady against the Swiss franc, after advancing to 1.2153 during European deals. At Wednesday's close, the pair was worth 1.2144. The next possible resistance for the euro-franc pair lies around the 1.22 area.
Sentiment among consumers in
The consumer confidence fell to -1 in July from 1 in April. Economists had expected the index to rise to 3 in July.
The single currency eased back to 136.68 against the yen, after having advanced to 137.11 at
The euro showed a lackluster trading against the pound throughout European deals, following a 2-day high of 0.7947 hit at
The Bank of
At the two-day meeting, the nine-member
Looking ahead, the US weekly jobless claims for the week ended
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype