This month we delve into one of the most talked about and least understood concepts in the technology world. Cloud computing. There are numerous definitions of cloud computing; basically cloud computing refers very broadly to a computer service being offered by a cloud provider over the Internet.
To further help to refine the definition, here are a few examples of cloud services
1. Email services like: Gmail, Hotmail, Hush mail
2. Communication Platforms:
3. Vehicle tracking services: Track-IT, EazyTrack
4. Online Backup Services: Frampol Data Bank
Cloud based services in some instances are free like the above mentioned email services. However, some are paid services and if paid are paid on a subscription basis.
A real-life case study of how Frampol cloud computing solutions are being used by a
This distribution company has a number of branches located across the country at each branch there are users who need real-time access to the company's accounting platform. Over 10 concurrent users can use the same accounting platform which is hosted in the Frampol data centre.
The solution has provided the following benefits for the distribution company:
1. Secure location for their server and data
2. Hourly backups of their important data
3. server uptime 24 hrs a day/ 7 days a week/ 365 days a year
4. Multiple connections to the Internet
5. Technical team of engineers maintaining and supporting the server
6. 5 stage backup power
7. 5 levels of security access
8. The latest server hardware and software
9. Antivirus protection
10. 24/7 server monitoring
11. Fire monitoring and Fire suppression
All for just
If the distribution company in the example above was to setup the above infrastructure themselves, the costs would have been prohibitive, forcing the company to settle for an inadequate solution which does not meet their business requirements.
Obvious cost benefits are enjoyed by the company as software upgrades are only performed on the server. No need to travel to each far flung branches to upgrade computer software.
The distribution company can now focus on its core business and can use cloud computing to reduce the overheads of maintaining systems which are not core to its day to day business objectives.
Users of the system in the above case study can access their business platform from any Internet connection in the world. They are not restricted to accessing their system only when they are in the office.
Our client can work with their in-house staff, accountant, and branch users as if they were all sitting beside them. Transaction updates are available to all users the instant they post - no refresh needed. That means everyone has access to the latest, most up-to-date information. No need to copy, distribute and re-merge multiple company files, and no worries about using old data.
Ask yourself, why spend thousands on server hardware and software that needs to be configured, updated and eventually replaced? Or on IT services without end? With hosted servers/cloud computing solutions companies pay per month. That's it. There are no up-front hardware expenses, no IT costs, no long-term commitment...
Cloud computing is on the rise and more and more organizations are making moves to outsource their business platforms in an effort to reduce operating costs and increase operating efficiencies.
The benefits of cloud computing are far reaching. To learn more Google: Cloud computing, benefits of cloud computing or define cloud computing.
Frampol is a cutting edge technology solutions provider. Get a free consultation with us on getting the ideal ICT technology for your educational institution. We make IT work!
Email : email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone : 04 487 100, Skype ID : frampol.help
Most Popular Stories
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment