The government will use proceeds from the second Eurobond of up to
Amb. Gatete was confirming President
The President told reporters in the US that
Speaking to The New Times yesterday, Amb. Gatete said the ministry was already working on the modality of the international bond issue "to determine how much and when exactly to go to the market."
He added that they cannot know how much to contribute or when it is needed can before they complete the negotiation.
The minister said after gauging the specific amount of funding required for both projects, they will select a "suitable time next year to issue the bond."
In April last year, government issued
Minister Gatete said investing in the new airport was part of the government's continuous investment in the tourism sector.
"Last year, we earned
Alert on borrowing:
On concerns that the government is borrowing too, Gatete assured the public that there is no cause for alarm.
"We haven't reached the limit... we cannot go beyond our limit. To remain as an attractive debt market, we have to remain within our borrowing limit, and also maintain high ratings to win investors confidence," he said.
Commenting on the development,
There is growing demand for
For instance, the IFC,
In February, government issued a Rwf12.5b bond that was oversubscribed by 140 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006