The government will use proceeds from the second Eurobond of up to
Amb. Gatete was confirming President
The President told reporters in the US that
Speaking to The New Times yesterday, Amb. Gatete said the ministry was already working on the modality of the international bond issue "to determine how much and when exactly to go to the market."
He added that they cannot know how much to contribute or when it is needed can before they complete the negotiation.
The minister said after gauging the specific amount of funding required for both projects, they will select a "suitable time next year to issue the bond."
In April last year, government issued
Minister Gatete said investing in the new airport was part of the government's continuous investment in the tourism sector.
"Last year, we earned
Alert on borrowing:
On concerns that the government is borrowing too, Gatete assured the public that there is no cause for alarm.
"We haven't reached the limit... we cannot go beyond our limit. To remain as an attractive debt market, we have to remain within our borrowing limit, and also maintain high ratings to win investors confidence," he said.
Commenting on the development,
There is growing demand for
For instance, the IFC,
In February, government issued a Rwf12.5b bond that was oversubscribed by 140 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million