Danve throws light on how the government is taking steps to ensure effective public distribution of food and curb price rise
1 ON FOOD SECURITY: The government has provisionally allocated 587.97 lakh tonnes of food grains during the current year to the states and UTs for the Targeted Public Distribution System, National Food Security Act and other welfare schemes, among others.
2 ON INCREASING STORAGE CAPACITY FOR FOOD GRAINS:
To augment covered storage capacity for food grains, the government has framed a Private Entrepreneur Guarantee scheme through private entrepreneurs, for which a guarantee of 10 years of assured hiring is given by FCI.
3 ON PAYMENT OF ARREARS:
The central government on
5 ON CHECKING PRICES OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES:
4 TRANSPORTATION OF PDS FOOD GRAINS THROUGH SEA ROUTES:
The government has decided to transport food grains through sea routes to ensure timely availability.
The decision to transport grains through sea or riverine routes has been taken to explore an alternate mode of transportation to locations like the Northeast and
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight