The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 12 points, or 0.1 percent, to 16,418 early Wednesday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell three points, or 0.2 percent, to 1,917. The Nasdaq composite fell 11 points, or 0.3 percent, to 4,340.
Global markets have been falling following reports of a buildup of Russian troops on the
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.45 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists