The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 12 points, or 0.1 percent, to 16,418 early Wednesday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell three points, or 0.2 percent, to 1,917. The Nasdaq composite fell 11 points, or 0.3 percent, to 4,340.
Global markets have been falling following reports of a buildup of Russian troops on the
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.45 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight