In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell 41.70 points, or 0.28 percent, from Wednesday to 15,118.09. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Export-related automaker and high-tech shares were generally sluggish due to a firmer yen. Other major decliners included real estate, air transport and insurance shares.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades