Despite a plunge of 52 points after the Wednesday's opening bell, the Tadawul All-Share Index (TASI) finished with a balmy gain 0.27 percent or 27.82 points, closing at 10,478.34.
On an YTD basis,
Insurance outdid rest of the sectors, surging 1.64 percent to close at 1,427.50. Banks & Financial Services also continued its positive movement, marking another gain of 193 points or 0.98 percent. The large cap
Market breadth was positive, as rising stocks outnumbered decliners by a margin of two-to-one on the Tadawul market.
Share price of
Shares trading went below the 50-day average level, ranging from 6 percent to 14 percent. Tadawul total turnover set sold approximately 210 million shares worth SR7.6 billion.
Trading activity was led by
Most Popular Stories
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic