Despite a plunge of 52 points after the Wednesday's opening bell, the Tadawul All-Share Index (TASI) finished with a balmy gain 0.27 percent or 27.82 points, closing at 10,478.34.
On an YTD basis,
Insurance outdid rest of the sectors, surging 1.64 percent to close at 1,427.50. Banks & Financial Services also continued its positive movement, marking another gain of 193 points or 0.98 percent. The large cap
Market breadth was positive, as rising stocks outnumbered decliners by a margin of two-to-one on the Tadawul market.
Share price of
Shares trading went below the 50-day average level, ranging from 6 percent to 14 percent. Tadawul total turnover set sold approximately 210 million shares worth SR7.6 billion.
Trading activity was led by
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays