Ageas posts solid first half insurance results
* Net profit of insurance operations was
"We have solid contributions from all countries within the region especially from Mainland China. Inflows were up 15% toEUR 6.3 billion, with non-consolidated partnerships taken at 100%. While the second quarter showed good growth, Ageas benefited from an especially strong first quarter. Higher new business sales mostly originated from Mainland China andThailand resulting from successful sales campaigns and continued channel development, including a strong increase in the number of agents. Renewal premiums were again up significantly (+17%) toEUR 2.8 billion benefiting from strong sales last year and continued good persistency across all entities."
Please visit http://www.ageas.com http://www.ageas.com/> for full details of the press release.
1. All 6 month 2014 data are compared to the 6 month 2013 figures unless otherwise stated.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes