Net fees and commissions were AED34.8 million, more than twice the AED16.4 million recorded in H1 2013. This was led by the Investment Banking and Capital Markets units, which posted AED13.2 million and AED6.4 million in fees and commissions, respectively. Total expenses increased by 18.2% to AED95 million, which included an increase in interest expenses to AED7.6 million and an increase in total provisions to AED10.7 million.
SHUAA generated a net profit of AED14.4 million during the first half 2014, compared to a net loss of AED 4.6 million during the same period last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison