Net fees and commissions were AED34.8 million, more than twice the AED16.4 million recorded in H1 2013. This was led by the Investment Banking and Capital Markets units, which posted AED13.2 million and AED6.4 million in fees and commissions, respectively. Total expenses increased by 18.2% to AED95 million, which included an increase in interest expenses to AED7.6 million and an increase in total provisions to AED10.7 million.
SHUAA generated a net profit of AED14.4 million during the first half 2014, compared to a net loss of AED 4.6 million during the same period last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters