Net fees and commissions were AED34.8 million, more than twice the AED16.4 million recorded in H1 2013. This was led by the Investment Banking and Capital Markets units, which posted AED13.2 million and AED6.4 million in fees and commissions, respectively. Total expenses increased by 18.2% to AED95 million, which included an increase in interest expenses to AED7.6 million and an increase in total provisions to AED10.7 million.
SHUAA generated a net profit of AED14.4 million during the first half 2014, compared to a net loss of AED 4.6 million during the same period last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop