In May, a City Council Budget Goal Setting Session was held to obtain policy direction for City Council Members for the development of the FY 2015 budget. During the goal setting session, City Council Members provided support for recommendations to strengthen and enhance the City's Financial policies. Some of the key enhancements included increasing the General Fund Financial Reserves and ending Fund Balance, establishing financial targets and managing the growth in the Public Safety budgets so that other core services such as Street Maintenance, Libraries and Parks are not crowded out.
"The City's strong bond rating is a great benefit for our community and a reflection of the excellent financial stewardship of our financial resources," said Mayor
"Among the ten largest cities in the U.S.,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid