Data from the
Month-on-month, industrial and manufacturing output grew 0.3% each in June, the
The increase in June reversed a 0.6% fall in May industrial output. Manufacturing output was down 1.3% in May.
On a yearly basis, industrial production grew 1.2% in June, slower than the 1.5% rise forecast by economists. At the same time, manufacturing output advanced 1.9%, which was also weaker than the expected increase of 2.1%.
The pound fell to 2-day lows of 1.6826 against the US dollar and 172.48 against the yen, from early highs of 1.6885 and 172.26, respectively.
Against the Swiss franc, the pound slipped to 1.5293 from an early high of 1.5358. The pair was quoted at 1.5347 at yesterday's close.
Pulling away from an early multi-day high of 0.7915 against the euro, the pound fell to 0.7944.
If the pound extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around 0.798 against the euro, 1.67 against the greenback, 1.52 against the franc and 172.25 against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery