New accounts save
“More families than ever before are realizing that one of the only ways truly to combat the rising costs of higher education is to save for those expenses – as early and often as possible,” said Treasurer McCord, who added that
Treasurer McCord reminded families that saving for higher education offers enormous benefits compared to borrowing, and the
With a record-breaking 188,039 open accounts, the PA 529 College Savings Program provides two ways to save: the PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP) and the PA 529 Investment Plan (IP). The primary difference between the two plans is the way savings grow.
Growth in the PA 529 GSP is based on tuition inflation. The plan lets an account owner save for tomorrow’s college expenses at today’s plan rates – without worrying about the ups and downs of the stock market.
In fiscal year 2013-14, which ended
Due to the GSP Fund’s strong performance, Treasurer McCord announced that the third quarter account maintenance fee will be waived for all PA 529 GSP account owners. He added that account owners who are registered for e-delivery by
Returns in the PA 529 IP are based on financial market performance. The PA 529 IP features low fees and more than a dozen conservative and aggressive investment options from
Families contributed about
For the fiscal year, total program assets grew by 18.65 percent, which totaled nearly
To encourage more families to start saving, the McCord Treasury is offering free enrollment – a
The Treasurer added families that wish to learn more about the benefits of a 529 plan can register for free college savings webinars at PA529.com (http://www.pa529.com/). The online presentations allow users to have their questions answered by a PA 529 college savings expert.
For more information, visit PA529.com (http://www.pa529.com/) or call 1 -800-440-4000 to open an account or make a contribution.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy