Trading on the floor of the
The All-Share Index grabbed 46.91 basis points or 0.11 per cent to close at 42,339.84 points as against 42,292.93 points it closed at the end of the previous day's trading.
Investors also bought and sold a total of 231.591 million shares valued at N2.569 billion in 2,968 deals belonging to the financial service sector as against 173.489 million shares valued at N1.681 billion in 2,792 deals recorded on Tuesday.
However, 19 companies made it to the gainers' table at the close of trading on Wednesday as against 35 on Tuesday; while 383 were on the laggards' table compared to 13 on Tuesday.
Petroleum marketer, Mobil Nigeria, led the gainers' table when it grabbed 413 kobo to close at N173.75 per share; followed by construction major,
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight