THE CITY watchdog officially approved a new hashtag yesterday for finance firms promoting products on Twitter and other social networks.
Adverts should be clearly labeled with the tag #ad, the
But they promotions must also be fair and balanced, and include the risks associated with a product - something which is particularly difficult in the 140-character limit facing Twitter users.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World