The new Oslon Black SFH 4715A infrared LED (IRED) from
The SFH 4715A's typical electro-optical efficiency of 48% is possible thanks to the latest chip generation and the optimized package. "We are not aware of any other opto-electronic component with an optical efficiency to rival this one," explains
"The new SFH 4715A can almost match a laser diode in terms of efficiency, allowing for greater ranges than the previous members of the Oslon Black family. The same range can be achieved with fewer components, yielding a significant cost benefit," Nagappan said, adding that the system cooling requirements have also been reduced.
The new A-version of the SFH 4715 IRED, with its much higher output and beam angle of 90°, will be replacing the previously available Oslon Black SFH 4715. ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection for up to 2 kV and extended corrosion-resistance make the new IRED ideal for outdoor applications; for instance, in CCTV systems.
150° Beam Angle for Efficient Injection into Reflector Optics
The SFH 4716A is the second new high-flux IRED in the Oslon Black family. It can inject light into reflector optics very effectively and has a beam angle of 150°. It rounds off Osram's product portfolio as a light source for applications requiring efficient imaging.
More information on the Oslon Black family from
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12075658.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison