New Findings from
Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "A coupled finite difference material point (CFDMP) method is proposed through a bridge region to combine the advantages of the finite difference method (FDM) and MPM. It solves a 3D RE explosion and its interaction with the surrounding structures by dividing the problem domain into FDM region and MPM region in space. FDM is employed to simulate the region where the detonation products disperse into the surrounding air, while the FSI region is simulated by MPM. A bridging region is employed to exchange the information. In the bridge region, MPM provides the boundary condition for FDM region by mapping the variables from MPM background grid nodes to FDM fictitious points, while FDM provides the boundary condition for MPM region by mapping the variables from FDM cell-centre points to MPM interface grid nodes. The transportation between the two computational regions is implemented by moving particles in the bridge region. Numerical results are in good agreement with those of theoretical solutions, empirical formula and experiments."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "No obvious interface effect are observed in the bridge region in numerical tests."
For more information on this research see: A Coupled Finite Difference Material Point Method and Its Application in Explosion Simulation. Cmes-Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 2014;98(6):565-599. Cmes-Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences can be contacted at:
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore