A new-and-improved version of
The app is available for download from: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/apps
The updated app offers four new 3-D models and gives users the ability to see favorite spacecraft anywhere, using their mobile device's camera.
For readers of the new book, "Mars Up Close: Inside the
Spacecraft 3D is an augmented-reality, or AR, app for iOS and Android mobile devices. Augmented reality overlays visual content, like 3-D spacecraft models, onto the real-world view from a device's camera. To view the app's content, users can print a special target image on a standard sheet of paper. When the device's camera is pointed at the target, the spacecraft chosen by the user appears onscreen as if it were in the scene.
A new feature of the updated Spacecraft 3D app is a manual mode that allows users to view and interact with the 3-D models without the AR target. All the 3-D models, including two newly added models of NASA Deep Space Network antennas, are available to all users through the free app.
"Spacecraft 3D makes it so easy for anyone to experience the magic of these spacecraft and the excitement of space exploration," said
For a comprehensive list of
TNS 30BautistaJude 140806-4821079 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting