The Nigerian equities market closed on a positive note yesterday after three days of losses. The market had witnessed a downward trend since last week as investors reacted negatively to half year results of some companies.
However, the negative trend was reversed yesterday as the benchmark gauge of the market, the
Market capitalisation also added N162 billion to close at N13.965 trillion in a day that cement stocks enjoyed high demand.
Equities of the four listed cement companies appreciated, led by
All the five NSE sectoral indices appreciated led by the industrial index on the account of gains by cement companies. The index rose by 1.77 p cent, followed by consumer goods index with a 1.66 per cent. Insurance index added 0.71 per cent, while the oil/gas and banking indices also appreciated by 0.99 per cent and 0.51 per cent respectively.
Apart from the cement stocks,
On the other hand,
However, volume of shares traded declined by 10.65 per cent to 257.01 million shares, worth N3.64 billion exchanged in 5,788 deals.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms