The net profit resulted in a return on capital equivalent to 7.8 per cent annualised while the average interbank rate remains below 0.5pc.
Total operating income for the quarter under review was
The results demonstrate the bank's ability to continue to perform in relatively challenging conditions whilst continuing with a conservative approach in the current market environment towards impairment provisioning in line with regulatory requirements, chairman
"The net income achieved was due to astute investment banking activities, specifically opportunistic and perceptive investment returns made from a well-managed portfolio of sukuk and equities with a diversified and balanced investment approach and fee income earned from bank's advisory services,"
Portfolio-based activities saw growth of approximately 10pc.
The balance-sheet continues to see significant improvement in terms of asset quality and liquidity.
Furthermore, shareholders' equity rose by 3.7pc from
"Markets are stabilising from the after-effects of volatility stirred up by expected changes in monetary policy and economic stimulus," chief executive
"Although a challenging environment lies ahead, the coming year may continue to present opportunities to alert investors and positive growth may be obtained if volatility levels are taken into account. "Based on the track record and current performance along with continued shareholder support and experienced management team, we believe that we are well prepared for the coming year," he added. LMC's shareholders include
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World