Stocks closed higher after CPI data for Julí14 stood at 7.88pc YoY and strong earnings of OGDCL announced on Tuesday depicting 37pc profit after tax, equity expert observed here.
The KSE benchmark posted a fresh gain of 28.58 points or 0.10 percent to end the day at 29676.41 points compared to 29647.83 points of the previous day.
Ahsan Mehanti analyst at
KSE-Allshare index grew by 41.48 points or 0.19 percent to end the trading at 21851.51 points, KSE-30 index up by 54.28 points or 0.26 percent to stop the trading at 20680.73 while KMI-30 index extended by 70.69 points or 0.15 percent to conclude the session at 47838.98 points. Volume declined to 132.767 million shares after opening at 223.875 million shares and the value also decreased to
A dealer said after opening on positive note market remained ranged bound and investors are still confused on the developing local political situation. PPL remained active after announcing discovery in one of its fields. OGDC and ABL announced better earnings and payouts while Efoods earnings were below expectation.
Trading took place in 346 companies where 151 closed in green and 165 in negative while the value of 30 stocks not changed. Rafhan Maize was the biggest price loser of the day decreased by
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore