Senior Iranian banking official says that
A new banking system should be reorganized between the two countries in which the commercial banks of the two sides make their banking transactions under the supervision of the Central banks, Hussein Yaghoobi Miab, Director of the
Yaghoobi Miab went on to add that
The official said that unfortunately the cooperation between the two parts has continued so far in absence of the
According to the proposal a joint banking committee will be established under the supervision of the two sides' central banks, he said, adding the committee will be commissioned to introduce selected banks from each side for mutual banking cooperation.
Yaghoobi Miab who is in
The Iranian official also said that the two sides have agreed to boost correspondence relations in the bank sector and lift the current obstacles on the issue.
Commenting on the future of
Yaghoobi Miab reiterated that
While responding a question about using national currencies of the two countries instead of international currencies he said that the parts have not discussed the issue.
"It is too early to address the issue," he said, noting "we are just taking first basic steps."
He also added that establishing a joint bank is not in the agenda of the ongoing negotiations.
Yaghoobi Miab underlined that
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering