"My family and I needed to live somewhere where I wouldn't worry when my kids were playing in the front yard," said Ms. Kelly, a server at a local restaurant. "It was a goal of mine to buy a nice home that I could pass down to my kids, but I never thought it would happen since I didn't have a down payment."
Ms. Kelly met with
HELP grants are offered by FHLB Dallas through its member institutions, like
To date in 2014,
"Through our partnership with the HELP program, we are honored to support Ms. Kelly's dream of being a homeowner," said IBERIABANK New Orleans President
"I am so thankful for the HELP grant, as it made my payment affordable," said Ms. Kelly. "My kids and I are so happy that now we are in a safe neighborhood."
Since its inception, FHLB Dallas has awarded nearly
Keywords for this news article include: Mortgage, Homebuyer, Real Estate, Banking and Finance, Federal Home Loan Bank of
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters