In a statement, the life and pensions group said it made a
Sustainable free surplus increased to
One-off items included costs on last month's sale, still subject to regulatory and anti-trust approvals, of high-end wealth manager Lombard to
"The first half of 2014 has witnessed some of the most far reaching changes to the
"The industry has been presented with the opportunity to develop innovative solutions to serve the needs of its customers. Implementing reforms to deliver better solutions for customers will take time - and the final outcomes are not entirely clear at this stage," Briggs added.
Shares were Wednesday quoted down 0.8% at
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season