The U.S. P/C Insurers FHLB Borrowing Dashboard discusses the recent growth in borrowings from the P/C sector, although use of the FHLB system has been more popular with life insurers. Membership in the FHLB system can enhance liquidity and financial flexibility, particularly for members with limited access to the capital markets. P/C sector members are typically mutual companies or have relatively small policyholders' surplus (PHS), although there are exceptions.
FHLB borrowings by P/C insurers grew almost 64% to
The report also looks at capacity for additional borrowings, pledged collateral and pledged collateral to invested assets, which remains manageable at 3.8% for the companies included in the report.
The 'U.S. P/C Insurers FHLB Borrowing Dashboard' is available on Fitch's website at 'www.fitchratings.com' or by clicking on the link.
Additional information is available at 'www.fitchratings.com'.
James B. Auden, CFA
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route