Data on Optical Coherence Tomography Reported by
The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "We report the use of optical coherence tomography (OCT) scanning to monitor the effectiveness of Mirvaso ® on in vivo skin. OCT is a non-invasive optical imaging technique that can provide high-resolution imaging of vessel and cellular morphology. OCT may be useful as a pre-treatment assessment tool for identifying possible morphologic features in the skin that may serve as outcome predictors. OCT may also serve as a monitoring tool in the treatment of rosacea. To examine and describe how OCT skin morphology changes when exposed to brimonidine topical gel 0.33% in the treatment of erythematotelangiectatic rosacea. Normal in vivo telangiectasias and erythematous patches and papules were examined prior to treatment clinically, dermatoscopically, and through OCT scans. Brimonidine topical gel 0.33% was applied to the face and OCT images were acquired at defined time intervals: baseline; immediately (
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "This technology could potentially be used for the non-invasive in vivo monitoring of other topical treatments."
For more information on this research see: Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging of Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea During Treatment With Brimonidine Topical Gel 0.33%: A Potential Method for Treatment Outcome Assessment.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include: Kent,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore