The rating increase can lead to lower cost financing should the ISO issue debt in the future.
"The California ISO management and employees have a strong sense of responsibility to contain costs and conduct our business efficiently and productively," said
Among its rationale, the credit ratings agency noted in its review that the ISO has a straightforward business cost structure and its operating reserve is fully funded. Also weighing positively on S&P's rating increase is that the ISO plays an essential and unique role in operating the grid, which, the rating agency says, it "has performed well and consistently over many years." California ISO Media Hotline | 888.516.6397
high-voltage transmission power lines is supported by a competitive energy market and comprehensive grid planning. Partnering with about a hundred clients, the nonprofit public benefit corporation is dedicated to the continual development and reliable operation of a modern grid that operates for the benefit of consumers. Recognizing the importance of the global climate challenge, the ISO is at the forefront of integrating renewable power and advanced technologies that will help meet a sustainable energy future efficiently and cleanly.
Keywords for this news article include: Electronics, High Voltage, California ISO.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Trump Plaza Asks to Sell Assets
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- NFL Vetting Process: There Are No Sure Things
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy