THE PRICE of brent crude hovered around a nine-month low yesterday, with plentiful supplies offsetting concerns of geopolitical risk in key oil producing countries.
The industry benchmark fell below
Fears of unrest in
Yesterday's low oil price had a knock-on effect on the cost of wholesale petrol, which fell below £1 a litre for the first time since
RAC is today calling on fuel retailers to pass the savings on to motorists at the pumps.
"The fact this has not happened for nearly three and a half years demonstrates how much fluctuation there can be in the global fuel market and what a difference it can make on the forecourt," said a spokesperson.
"We can only hope these favourable conditions continue so that individual motorists, businesses and the economy can benefit for some time."
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say