By making meat from plant-based sources, privately held Beyond Meat, based in
New investors include
The new financing will fund even greater innovation to continue Beyond Meat's pursuit of re-creating meat from plants. The round will also help Beyond Meat expand consumer awareness and increase capacity at the company's manufacturing facility to meet surging demand for its products.
"Meat is actually just the combination of amino acids, fats, water, carbohydrates and trace minerals," said
Beyond Meat products provide the nutritional benefits of meat, but have no cholesterol, trans or saturated fats, antibiotics, or hormones, and do not require resource-intense raising and slaughter of livestock.
Available nationally in over 4,000 retailers across the country.
Keywords for this news article include: Beyond Meat, Natural Resources.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy