The new system available across the network of 137 branches is aimed at improving efficiency and speed of transaction processing. The NID enables accurate data capture during banking transactions, especially when opening new accounts, said a bank release.
The new biometric identification system has been launched in collaboration with the
"As the flagship bank in
The bank's dynamic 'Let's Do More' vision reflects the readiness to leverage on investments in state-of-the-art technology and services to further increase efficiency and improve customer service.
"The new biometric system reflects our commitment to provide the 'best in class' service as
To authenticate banking transactions, the national identification card is required to be inserted in the biometric machine and customers have to validate their identity by scanning their finger print on the machine. The one-touch process is convenient, faster and risk-free for secure transactions. The unique facility is available across the entire network of branches across the Sultanate.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8