The new system available across the network of 137 branches is aimed at improving efficiency and speed of transaction processing. The NID enables accurate data capture during banking transactions, especially when opening new accounts, said a bank release.
The new biometric identification system has been launched in collaboration with the
"As the flagship bank in
The bank's dynamic 'Let's Do More' vision reflects the readiness to leverage on investments in state-of-the-art technology and services to further increase efficiency and improve customer service.
"The new biometric system reflects our commitment to provide the 'best in class' service as
To authenticate banking transactions, the national identification card is required to be inserted in the biometric machine and customers have to validate their identity by scanning their finger print on the machine. The one-touch process is convenient, faster and risk-free for secure transactions. The unique facility is available across the entire network of branches across the Sultanate.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low