The new system available across the network of 137 branches is aimed at improving efficiency and speed of transaction processing. The NID enables accurate data capture during banking transactions, especially when opening new accounts, said a bank release.
The new biometric identification system has been launched in collaboration with the
"As the flagship bank in
The bank's dynamic 'Let's Do More' vision reflects the readiness to leverage on investments in state-of-the-art technology and services to further increase efficiency and improve customer service.
"The new biometric system reflects our commitment to provide the 'best in class' service as
To authenticate banking transactions, the national identification card is required to be inserted in the biometric machine and customers have to validate their identity by scanning their finger print on the machine. The one-touch process is convenient, faster and risk-free for secure transactions. The unique facility is available across the entire network of branches across the Sultanate.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu