X15 Enterprise helps companies accelerate their machine data management deployments by providing an end-to-end solution for ingesting, indexing, searching and analyzing machine data. Purpose-built for petabyte-size machine data environments, X15 Enterprise enables IT organizations across all industries to solve their most demanding machine data problems.
Machine data is a valuable and fast-growing category of Big Data. Derived from system logs and other sources, this type of data is used to monitor, troubleshoot and optimize business infrastructures and operations. Machine and log data management are critical components of application performance management, security and compliance (SIEM), web analytics, Internet of Things (IoT) and many other enterprise initiatives. Though machine data analysis offers significant benefits, companies have been constrained by the first generation of machine data tools because they did not adequately address enterprise computing requirements.
"Machine and log data analysis is an integral part of enterprise data management. Unfortunately companies with multi-terabyte machine data requirements have been poorly served by inflexible, hard-to-scale and expensive tools currently on the market," said
"The importance of machine data in business and IT efforts should not be underestimated. This data has historically been difficult to analyze and our research in big data analytics finds that only 42 percent of organizations are doing so today" said
Unique Product Designed for Petabyte-Sized Machine Data Environments
X15 Enterprise represents a dramatic leap forward in machine data technology. It is built from the ground up to take advantage of modern data processing technologies and is integrated with Hadoop offerings from
• Modern, open and extensible architecture. X15 Enterprise's modern and open architecture enables companies to avoid proprietary lock-in. Unlike other tools, X15 Enterprise allows machine data to remain in HDFS and does not require it to be duplicated into proprietary storage before it can be indexed and analyzed. X15 Enterprise queries are based on standard SQL rather than a proprietary language. In addition, X15 Enterprise interoperates with enterprise technologies from
• Elastic scalability. X15 Enterprise is the world's first Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) machine data platform. MPP gives X15 Enterprise the extreme scalability and performance advantage, perfect for easily analyzing petabytes of machine data. X15 Enterprise scalability is self-managing; partitioning is automatic, and the system rebalances itself online to take advantage of hardware configuration changes.
• Automatic fault tolerance. X15 Enterprise has built-in, automatic, fault tolerance with no single point of failure to ensure the highest possible protection against data loss and high availability in case of hardware failures.
• Real-time data indexing and querying. X15 Enterprise reads and indexes dynamic and static machine data regardless of its format or size. The data is indexed in real-time with a linear growth in performance as the cluster size increases, and is available for search and analysis as soon as it is ingested.
• Search and analytic query environments in one platform. First-generation machine data tools focus on search and do not effectively address the need to perform analytic queries that aggregate and join large volumes of data. This insufficiency results in data "silos" that are not integrated with a company's existing analytic environment. X15 Enterprise is the first machine data platform in the industry with the power and scalability to consolidate real-time search and complex BI on petabytes of data. With X15, companies can have "one version of the truth" and eliminate unneeded data redundancy.
• Low cost of ownership. X15 Enterprise architecture, performance, usability and pricing model result in a dramatically lower total cost of ownership.
X15 Enterprise is currently available.
"Machine and log data management is a large and very important use case for
"Hortonworks is dedicated to expanding the Apache Hadoop ecosystem by integrating with existing enterprise technologies and adding value to big data deployments," said
"Many businesses recognize the cost and capability advantages of shifting machine data to a modern architecture based on Hadoop," said
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12068267.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low