According to the bank, the funding will aim 2 major arteries in the country, with the aim of making the Windward and Vigie highways more resilient to natural disasters.
The CDB commented The loan will fund restoration of critical infrastructure at high risk of failure along both highways, including slope and embankment stabilisation, bridge repairs and construction. The upgrade programme also includes construction and rehabilitation of river defences along the Yarabaqua and Caratal rivers, and rehabilitation of sections of the feeder road network.
The bank stated that it was delivering technical assistance for landslide risk assessment and slope stabilization aspects of the project, as well as a design study for selected sections of the highway.
In addition, the CDB even granted
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World