After several days of closing bearish, major indicators of
However, at the close of trading on Tuesday, stockbrokers crossed a total of 257.005 million shares valued at N3.635 billion in 5,788 transactions as against 287.650 million shares valued at N4.936 million in 5,480 transactions recorded on Monday, just as investors bought and sold a total of 173.489 million shares valued at N1.681 billion in 2,792 deals belonging to the financial service sector as against 205.872 million shares valued at N2.117 billion in 2,676 deals recorded on Monday.
However, 35 companies made it to the gainers' table at the close of trading on Tuesday as against 29 on Monday; while 13 were on the laggards' table compared to 26 on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller