Stock market surpasses 9000 points for first time since 2008
(AFP File Photo /
CEO of Catalyst Partners Finance and Stock Ali Al-Taheri said that the surge followed a number of positive economic measures which prompted an improvement in the market performance.
Al-Taheri denied any relationship between the market jump and the inauguration of the
The EGX-70, which includes small and medium sized companies, has witnessed a minimal increase of 0.18%, recording 628.22 points. The EGX-100 has risen 0.81%, recording 1,115.17 points; meanwhile, EGX-20 hiked 1.7%, marking 10,804.3 points.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic