Stock market surpasses 9000 points for first time since 2008
(AFP File Photo /
CEO of Catalyst Partners Finance and Stock Ali Al-Taheri said that the surge followed a number of positive economic measures which prompted an improvement in the market performance.
Al-Taheri denied any relationship between the market jump and the inauguration of the
The EGX-70, which includes small and medium sized companies, has witnessed a minimal increase of 0.18%, recording 628.22 points. The EGX-100 has risen 0.81%, recording 1,115.17 points; meanwhile, EGX-20 hiked 1.7%, marking 10,804.3 points.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think