In a trading update for the six months ended
Furthermore, S&U said that constructive discussions are continuing with regulators regarding the acquisition of a deposit-taking licence. The lender is eyeing the licence as a way to give it further scope to expand its lending organically.
"Current performance and future prospects in both our businesses are very encouraging. Our constant attention to the service we give every customer justifies our confidence in the future," Chairman
S&U shares were Tuesday quoted up 4.1% at
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas