"The project will naturally involve mining, putting up concentrators to concentrate the ore and they will then put up a smelter, a PGM smelter," Chidakwa said Tuesday.
Darwendale will be developed in phases, the first of which will be the construction of a mine, without a smelter, at a cost of
Mining would start next year, initially as an open-pit operation for two-to-three years.
Chidakwa and Finance Minister
"The visit was mainly to go and see members of the consortium, including the bank, and we had very useful discussions, very successful discussions," Chidakwa said.
Russian Natural Resources Minister
According to the statement, Chinamasa said
Local nickel, chrome, asbestos, diamond, coal and gold fields need equipment for exploration and development, he said.
Khramov said that Russian government officials will meet Zimbabwean authorities again in
Meanwhile, Rostec Chief Executive Officer
VEB was included on a European sanctions list last week that restricts it from selling bonds or shares in
The press offices of Rostec and VEB declined to comment, as did a representative of
"The refinery is something we are in the process of determining, because there is a mistake in thinking we have awarded the Russians the rights," he said.
"The job to do the base metal refinery and precious metal refinery -- that part is still to be decided and we are in the process of finalizing that aspect, but the mining aspect, including a smelter, we have finalized and very soon in September we will be signing the agreement."
The Russian partners may invest as much as
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton