"The project will naturally involve mining, putting up concentrators to concentrate the ore and they will then put up a smelter, a PGM smelter," Chidakwa said Tuesday.
Darwendale will be developed in phases, the first of which will be the construction of a mine, without a smelter, at a cost of
Mining would start next year, initially as an open-pit operation for two-to-three years.
Chidakwa and Finance Minister
"The visit was mainly to go and see members of the consortium, including the bank, and we had very useful discussions, very successful discussions," Chidakwa said.
Russian Natural Resources Minister
According to the statement, Chinamasa said
Local nickel, chrome, asbestos, diamond, coal and gold fields need equipment for exploration and development, he said.
Khramov said that Russian government officials will meet Zimbabwean authorities again in
Meanwhile, Rostec Chief Executive Officer
VEB was included on a European sanctions list last week that restricts it from selling bonds or shares in
The press offices of Rostec and VEB declined to comment, as did a representative of
"The refinery is something we are in the process of determining, because there is a mistake in thinking we have awarded the Russians the rights," he said.
"The job to do the base metal refinery and precious metal refinery -- that part is still to be decided and we are in the process of finalizing that aspect, but the mining aspect, including a smelter, we have finalized and very soon in September we will be signing the agreement."
The Russian partners may invest as much as
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight