Financial risks taken by insurance companies and pension funds will become the next source of anxiety for the Bank of
Haldane, previously one of the Bank's heads of financial stability, said the vast scale of assets built up in investment funds and insurance companies posed a problem as it ebbed and flowed in and out of different asset classes, causing sharp falls and spikes in values.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore