Aregbesola commenced the distribution of debit cards at the inauguration of the Farmers' Input and Credit Support Programme in Aisu, Ede.
Speaking at the flag off, the Governor said: "We came up with the aide scheme in order to correct all the anomalies inherent in the extant system of agricultural input distribution, while the Credit Support Programme is meant to boost the capacity of stakeholders to play their roles in the development and modernisation of agriculture".
"We, therefore, embarked on a rigorous process of due diligence by carefully and painstakingly conducting enumeration of all farmers in the state. This led to the registration of more than 50,000 farmers all over Osun".
The Governor said that the task of arresting and eradicating the scourge of hunger and poverty as well as usher in an era of agriculture-based prosperity for farmers, would continue to be the focus of his administration.
He stated that the government had brought to bear technology-based methods for the enhancement of modern agriculture, including the Geographical Information System and enumeration of farmers across the state.
Aregbesola said his government would vigorously explore more ways of expanding and improving agricultural production and the development of agro-allied industrial base if he got a second term in office.
The debit card will make farming easier for all those interested in embracing it and remove the burden of loans, he emphasised.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays