The group reported a pretax profit of
NWF said the profits in the year were held back by lower profits from its feeds business and its fuels division, which saw lower demand for heating oils on the back of a warm winter and spring. Its food division, on the other hand, delivered an increase in profits, supported by the signing of new long-term contracts.
Revenue in the year fell to
NWF increased its dividend for the year by 6.3% to
"Progress to date in the current financial year has been in line with the board's expectations with all divisions performing as planned. We continue to focus on development opportunities, both organic and through targeted acquisitions," said Chairman
NWF said its feeds division delivered a good performance, increasing volumes in the dairy and beef sectors, which more than offset lower levels of demand for sheep feed. It said volume growth was boosted by the acquisition of SC Feeds earlier in the year.
However, its fuels and food businesses both faced tough market conditions during the year.
"Market share increased in feeds following investment in sales and marketing. Food delivered a strong result through completing the planned restructuring and agreed long-term customer contracts to fill the Wardle facility. In spite of reduced demand for heating oil in the year resulting from the warm winter and spring, Fuels delivered a solid result through increasing sales of other products, particularly gas oil and focusing on operational efficiencies," the company said.
NWF said it is well funded for future expansion and working capital, supported by new
NWF shares were up 0.3% at
Most Popular Stories
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Tech Workers Needed in South Florida
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham