SEVERAL clients of
"As earlier communicated the deadline was
The bank which has a customer base of three million issued half a million new cards in July alone. Early last month, it said over one million customers had picked their new cards which it charged Sh400.
"I went to withdraw some money on Friday evening and my card was rejected by the ATM machine which instructed me to contact my branch, forcing me to wait until Saturday to withdraw from the counter," said
Following the inconveniences to the customers who had the old cards, KCB softened its stance and said it will extend the deadline to
However, the regional bank which is the biggest by assets, said it shall not bear any liability for any loss incurred through fraud from continued use of the old cards.
"As earlier noted the bank will not accept liability for a skimmed card on the old magnetic strip card. We are taking cognizant of the school holidays in August and schools opening in the first and second week of September so that customers are not inconvenienced," said the bank yesterday.
Cooperative bank had not responded to our queries by the time of going to press.
Other banks like
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor