BioPlastics is a leading global manufacturer of coated webbing and assemblies, with products widely applied in markets like equine, medical, sporting goods, canine, safety and military and more.
In the past, BioPlastics used a 2D system to design customized extrusion dies to apply plastic coating to webbing and then outsourced the machining work. And their vendor would re-create the design using CAD/CAM program. “It was inefficient and cost us money,” says
Sherwin says, “Since the tooling shop was using a 3D package, we started investigating 3D solid modeling programs and finally selected ZW3D, in part, because our vendor was using ZW3D, but more importantly, it appeared to have an easy learning curve and provided all capabilities needed.”
Now, using ZW3D, BioPlastics creates 3D models of the extrusion dies and sends them directly to the vendor, which speeds the die creating process and saves costs spent on die recreation. Finally, the shortened leads time allows BioPlastics to be more responsive to customers.
“I was surprised that ZW3D was so easy to use,” Sherwin notes. “It takes just seconds to change a dimension and update the whole design, including drawings.”
To learn more about ZW3D CAD/CAM, please follow ZWSOFT on Facebook to stay in tune with the latest information of ZW3D.
About ZW3D CAD/CAM
ZW3D is cost-effective CAD/CAM software for 3D modeling, mold design, and machining, which takes engineers from concept to finished product in one easy-to-use, single collaborative environment. http://www.zwsoft.com/ZW3D/
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'