A partnership between telematics solutions provider Wunelli and insurance software solutions specialist SSP, will provide a boost to Australian insurers, brokers and motoring organisations looking to enter the usage-based insurance field.
As part of a broader package of IT solutions to accelerate insurers' foray into the telematics market, SSP will provide Wunelli's mobile platform and scoring capabilities to develop smartphone telematics apps.
QBE already uses Insurance Box, an on-board diagnostic device that easily plugs into the car for measuring driving behavior.
SSP's core insurance platform, along with telematics partner Wunelli, enables Insurance box.
While they wouldn't disclose which insurers were involved, SSP head of data services strategy
He added : "The agreement with Wunelli allows us to offer insurers entry into the usage-based insurance arena at a fraction of the cost of hard-wired devices."
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore