A partnership between telematics solutions provider Wunelli and insurance software solutions specialist SSP, will provide a boost to Australian insurers, brokers and motoring organisations looking to enter the usage-based insurance field.
As part of a broader package of IT solutions to accelerate insurers' foray into the telematics market, SSP will provide Wunelli's mobile platform and scoring capabilities to develop smartphone telematics apps.
QBE already uses Insurance Box, an on-board diagnostic device that easily plugs into the car for measuring driving behavior.
SSP's core insurance platform, along with telematics partner Wunelli, enables Insurance box.
While they wouldn't disclose which insurers were involved, SSP head of data services strategy
He added : "The agreement with Wunelli allows us to offer insurers entry into the usage-based insurance arena at a fraction of the cost of hard-wired devices."
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors