A partnership between telematics solutions provider Wunelli and insurance software solutions specialist SSP, will provide a boost to Australian insurers, brokers and motoring organisations looking to enter the usage-based insurance field.
As part of a broader package of IT solutions to accelerate insurers' foray into the telematics market, SSP will provide Wunelli's mobile platform and scoring capabilities to develop smartphone telematics apps.
QBE already uses Insurance Box, an on-board diagnostic device that easily plugs into the car for measuring driving behavior.
SSP's core insurance platform, along with telematics partner Wunelli, enables Insurance box.
While they wouldn't disclose which insurers were involved, SSP head of data services strategy
He added : "The agreement with Wunelli allows us to offer insurers entry into the usage-based insurance arena at a fraction of the cost of hard-wired devices."
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low