ENP Newswire -
Release date- 01082014 - .Record half year: 522,500 deliveries; up 12.5%
.Sales up 20.3% to
.Operating profit increases 74.9% to
.The most comprehensive model campaign in SKODA's history continues
SKODA has significantly increased deliveries, sales revenue and operating profit in the first half of 2014.
Selling 522,500 vehicles, this was the first time that the Czech carmaker has delivered more than half a million vehicles worldwide in the first half of a year (January to
'SKODA did very well in the first half of the year and continues on a stable path of growth,' says SKODA CEO Prof. Dr. h.c. Winfried Vahland. 'The brand's strength has been demonstrated through the best first-half sales year in corporate history and the significant increases in sales and revenue. Our model campaign is now showing its full power, and we are even conquering new consumer groups. The new Octavia, the heart of the brand, has been a great hit in every respect, and has exceeded our expectations. We plan to continue along this path of growth and energetically continue the most comprehensive product campaign in our corporate history.'
SKODA's sales revenue reached
'SKODA has grown profitably in the first half of the year,' says SKODA CFO
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor