Solid earnings from
The market was coming off its worst week since 2012.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 75 points, or 0.5 percent, to close at 16,569 Monday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 13 points, or 0.7 percent, to 1,938. The Nasdaq composite rose 31 points, or 0.7 percent, to 4,383.
Traders were also encouraged by news that
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.48 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors