Founded by former faculty at
"Diabetes and prediabetes is a global epidemic. The treatment method has not made any significant improvements since 1922 with patients needing at least one needle prick per day to as many as five or six," said Dr. Hsu. "They have to carry these needles everywhere they go and if they so much as miss one dose, the outcome can be very dangerous."
Prometheon Pharma hopes that the Indiegogo funding (http://www.igg.me/at/nopricks) will support costly studies that will allow the company to apply for
"We are ready to rapidly move through all the required testing to get into Phase I clinical trials. We chose Indiegogo because we also want to raise public awareness of the personal impact of diabetes alongside the breakthrough technology of the patch. Advocating for patients is a very important mission for us," said Hsu.
The Indiegogo campaign will run until
While diabetes is the first application for
"I can't begin to tell you how much better my life would be, how much more freedom I would feel, and how much easier it would be to stick to my insulin regimen if I didn't have to inject myself anymore. Any reduction would be amazing. This product will change the world, and the lives of countless millions living with diabetes," said
Prometheon Pharma is a startup housed in the globally #1 ranked Sid Martin Biotech Incubator at the
Headquartered in the
Press inquiries: E-mail: contact(at)prometheonpharma(dot)com
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12069199.htm
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola