Announcing the successful completion of its network's first VoLTE call, du became not only the first to install and test VoLTE on a live network in the region, but also the world's fastest – at just 80 days.
du said VoLTE empowers 4G LTE operators to transfer voice traffic over an LTE network. It improves customers' experience by delivering high definition (HD) voice with a high quality of service; richer multimedia services such as video share and call, multimedia messaging, chat, file transferring and more, as well as reducing call setup time – the time it takes to establish a call – down to just 1-2 seconds.
According to the TRA's Mobile Networks Benchmarking survey on Quality of Service (QoS) in 2013, du leads on several key performance indicators.
du launched HD Voice on mobile in 2012, which received a tremendous response from customers – with 200% growth in HD voice traffic in the last six months – and is the only operator to offer the service at no extra cost! Today, du offers HD voice on both its 3G mobile and fixed line networks. du's 4G LTE network now also offers HD Voice over LTE thanks to VoLTE technology. According to the
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low